Oil Tank Protection
If you have an oil leak and need assistance we suggest that you contact our affiliate ProGuard. They are a leading agency for tank leak protection.
Oil leaks are unusual, but most occur in older steel tanks, and if they do occur it is a requirement that the contaminated soil be cleaned to EPA specifications, which can be very expensive depending on the size of the contamination.
It is difficult to know when your tank needs to be replaced, since tanks typically corrode from the inside out. It may be too late by the time you notice there is a problem. For this reason, we point customers interested in tank protection to the ProGuard® Tank Release Protection program.
ProGuard offers residential oil heat customers protection for underground and above ground oil storage tanks and lines. Should a release ever occur, you can feel completely secure. This program affordably provides the peace of mind you deserve and ensures that any problems will be handled in a way that protects the environment.
ProGuard's tank program:
- Has been perfected over several years, drawing on the experiences of over 60,000 oil heat customers
- Is offered on a national basis, at very reasonable rates, to a large pool of participating oil heat dealers
- Is available to any residential customer with an active oil tank that holds no more than 4,000 gallons, and who receives oil on Automatic Delivery. (Commercial policies available to customers with tanks over 4,000 gallons.)
- Up to $100,000 for cleanup costs resulting from a leak, with a $500 deductible for above ground tanks and a $1,000 deductible for underground tanks
- Up to $1,000 for landscaping or site restoration after a cleanup
- Transferable coverage to make a home sale easier