Early heating trouble in 2019? Try these five things before calling for service
The New Year is here – and with it comes the time for your heating equipment to do its hardest work of the season. Sometimes, unfortunately, your furnace or boiler works a little too hard – and with that overwork could come the need for emergency heating systems repairs.
If that happens, don’t worry: as always, Bottini has got you covered with 24/7 emergency heating service.
But before you pick up that phone for one of our expert technicians, it pays to take a few minutes to do a little detective work with your heating system; you may find that your problem can be fixed without the hassle and expense of a house call.
If you have no heat, try these five things before contacting us for service:
- Check the fuel level in your tank – if you are out of heating oil or propane contact us right away for a delivery and system restart.
- Make sure all switches associated with the unit are set for “on” or “start.”
- Check for tripped breakers and blown fuses on the circuit that powers your heating system.
- Make sure your thermostat is set for five degrees warmer than the current room temperature, and that it is set to the “heat” or “warm” setting. Please note: if you have a forced air system (a heating systems with vents rather than baseboards and radiators) and the fan doesn’t go on, if could mean that your burner isn’t igniting – a problem that requires professional service.
- If you have a heating oil-fired system, press the reset button on the burner – but only do it once. Every time you hit the reset button and the burner doesn’t ignite, you are pumping oil into the combustion chamber of your furnace, which can be dangerous.
If your heating system still isn’t working after taking these steps, contact us for service right away – our technicians will get to the bottom of the problem quickly and get your heat going again as soon as possible.
For expert heating system maintenance and repairs in Hudson Valley no one beats Bottini Fuel. Contact us today to learn more, or to become a Bottini customer.