Proposed NY carbon tax could cost your family $21,000 over 10 years. Help fight it. Click here
Five Advantages of a Mini-Split Cooling System
Already dreading the prospect of dragging your heavy, awkward, cobweb-covered window air conditioners up from the basement of your Hudson Valley home? Don’t worry, we have a far better (and less back-breaking) option for you: a Mitsubishi ductless system.
Ductless (also called mini-split) cooling systems are a BIG upgrade over ugly, noisy, and inefficient window units – and in some cases even have advantages over a central air conditioner. They’re the cooling solution for houses with no built-in ductwork, and they’re also a fabulous way to supplement the cooling capabilities of your central air unit in a new home addition.
Compared to traditional cooling systems, ductless systems:
- Cost less to operate – Ductless systems are significantly more efficient than window units – often by three SEER points or more. They also need less power to cool a room than central air units, and can be set up to take advantage of cooling zone efficiencies (see #2 below).
- Are easier to customize – With a ductless system, it’s easy to create cooling zones to tailor your Mitsubishi ductless system to individual rooms. You can also mount air handlers (the indoor component of a mini-split system) just about anywhere where there’s access to an external wall.
- Can be installed quickly – Since each air handler is connected by small pipes to the outdoor condenser unit, technicians only need to drill a few small (3”) holes in your external wall to install a system. In most cases, our technicians can install a ductless system in just a day or two.
- Keep indoor air cleaner – Ductwork can be a breeding ground for mold and other microorganisms (cool air + moisture = perfect conditions for micro-critters). When you eliminate ducts, you eliminate these problems.
- Are more eco-friendly – Efficient ductless systems use less electricity than window units (and most central air units, too). They also use a refrigerant called R410A, which is more environmentally friendly than other refrigerants.
Thinking about installing a ductless cooling system in your Hudson Valley home? We can help! Contact us today for a FREE, no obligation estimate on a Mitsubishi ductless cooling system!
Important update about our service during the Coronavirus outbreak. Click here