Proposed NY carbon tax could cost your family $21,000 over 10 years. Help fight it. Click here
Five Things to Know about Propane Gas
If you’re a Bottini customer (or want to become one), you probably already know about the many uses for propane. But how much do you really know about this versatile gas?
Here are five things you might not know about propane – one of the most powerful and home energy fuels around:
- It’s green – Propane gas combustion produces less than half the green house gas emissions of electric-based systems.
- It’s clean – Propane is non-toxic and doesn’t spill or pool, so it’s harmless to soil or water in the unlikely event of a tank leak.
- It’s efficient – Propane furnaces can be up to 95 percent efficient – typically 5-10 percent more efficient than heating oil- or electricity-fired furnaces. Propane tankless water heaters can be even more efficient – up to 98 percent. These kinds of efficiencies can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year in energy bills.
- It has many uses – Want your clothes to last longer? Try a propane clothes dryer (they dry clothes faster and produce less static during the drying process than electric clothes dryers – and they cost less to operate, too). Want to cook like a pro? Nearly 95 percent of professional chefs cook with gas to take advantage of its ability to control temperature precisely. Cook outdoors with a grill or smoker, swim into the fall with a pool heater…it’s all possible thanks to the power of propane.
- It’s good for your country – More than 90 percent of propane gas used in the US is produced right here at home.
Propane – the more you know, the more you’ll be happy you use it! Contact us today to learn more.
Important update about our service during the Coronavirus outbreak. Click here