Proposed NY carbon tax could cost your family $21,000 over 10 years. Help fight it. Click here
Need Assistance to Pay Your Fuel Bill? Help Is Available
Here at Bottini Fuel, we do all we can to take the stress out of paying your heating bills. But sometimes a lost job or some other challenge at home can make it tough to pay for the energy that will keep your family warm and safe at home.
If you need help paying your heating bill this winter, consider applying for assistance from the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) – a federally funded program that can help you get through this tough time.
Here are a few common questions and answers about HEAP to help you get the application process started.
- What is HEAP? HEAP is a federal program that helps low-income households with their home energy bills. HEAP offers several types of help for eligible, including:
- Bill payment assistance
- Energy crisis assistance
- Weatherization and energy-related home repairs
- Am I eligible for HEAP benefits? Your household may be eligible for a Regular HEAP benefit if*:
- You and your household members are United States Citizens or qualified aliens and
- Your household’s gross monthly income is at or below the current income guides for your household size
- You receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits or
- You receive Temporary Assistance or
- You receive Code A Supplemental Security Income (SSI Living Alone)
Emergency HEAP benefits are also available.
- What information will I need to apply for HEAP*?
- Copies of recent utility bills
- Last four consecutive check stubs for employed household members
- Proof of unearned income (Social Security, unemployment, pension, disability, etc.)
- Disconnect notice (if you received a shut-off notice from your energy company)
- Proof of present address (rent receipt, lease or deed, etc.)
- Copy of Social Security Card and Driver’s license / photo ID of head of household
- Proof of total members living in your household and their Social Security cards
- Where can I apply for HEAP?
To learn where you can apply for HEAP in NY State, visit http://otda.ny.gov/programs/heap/contacts/
Keep your family warm and safe this winter with assistance from HEAP and quality heating oil and propane from Bottini Fuel. Contact us today to learn more.
*Additional information may be required to determine your eligibility for energy assistance
Important update about our service during the Coronavirus outbreak. Click here