Bottini Fuel gives you options for purchasing your fuel
Deciding how to purchase your heating oil can be confusing. You have several options—and because it is impossible to predict which way fuel prices will head—there is never any right choice year after year.
This page provides information that will help you choose the program that you feel will be best for you and your family.
- Also known as daily or market price program
- Variable price floats up and down with the market, with no ceiling or floor
- Allows you to take advantage of falling prices without the cost associated with a price cap
- Your price is not protected against rising market rates
- Provides a price cap, which sets a ceiling on how high your price can go
- Limits how much your price can rise, but not how far it can fall
- There is a cost for this program because our suppliers charge us a premium for offering the “insurance” that allows us to keep your fuel price from skyrocketing while also giving us the flexibility to lower your price should market prices fall
- Price protection is not about getting the cheapest price, it’s about limiting your risk
Price Protection Terms
- Lets you lock in a price for your estimated fuel usage for the entire heating season
- Guarantees that your price will not go up during the winter no matter what happens in the world oil markets
- Once fuel is purchased, we cannot change the price or number of gallons secured
- Requires large upfront expenditure
Contact us so we can discuss which fuel purchasing option you think will work best for you.
For more information about protecting your heating oil price in Kerhonkson, Port Jervis, Red Hook, Saugerties, Tannersville, Wappingers Falls, Washingtonville and surrounding communities, contact us or call your local Bottini Fuel office.
If you’re a customer and would like to enroll in one of our plans, click here.