Proposed NY carbon tax could cost your family $21,000 over 10 years. Help fight it. Click here
Propane Can Do That: 8 Quick Propane Facts
Propane is one of the most efficient energy sources around – and one of the most versatile. In fact, propane can power just about any appliance – and more often than not, it will do it for less money (especially if you currently power your appliances with electricity).
Here are eight facts you might not know about this clean, green home energy source:
- Propane can efficiently power just about any home appliance – from furnaces and boilers to water heaters, spas, and more. It can even power your vehicles!
- Propane gas emits less than half the greenhouse gas emissions of electricity; in fact, propane exceeds the requirements for clean fuel regulations.
- Propane gas doesn’t spill, pool, or leave a residue; this makes it harmless to soil or water if a tank leaks.
- Propane furnaces and water heaters can reach efficiencies as high as 98 percent!
- A propane backup generator can not only keep the lights on – it can also power your home security system, your sump pump, and other systems that can protect your family and property during a power outage.
- Unlike their electric counterparts, propane cooking ranges enable precision temperature control – which is why nearly 95 percent of professional chefs choose to cook with gas.
- A propane clothes dryer generates less static than electric units, which means your wardrobe will last longer.
- More than 90 percent of the propane used in the U.S. is produced domestically; most of the rest is produced in Canada. When you buy propane, you’re contributing to our energy independence!
Propane – the clean, green fuel for your Hudson Valley home. Contact us today to learn what propane can do for you!
Important update about our service during the Coronavirus outbreak. Click here