How To Get Ready For Your Heating Oil Delivery
Our propane and heating oil delivery crews work hard to keep fuel coming throughout the winter – but on some days, especially during severe weather, we can really use an assist from you.
Please help us keep our crews safe and get fuel to as many of our customers as possible on your scheduled delivery day by making the following preparations in advance of our arrival – particularly during and in the aftermath of severe winter weather.
Oil Delivery Checklist
- Keep a path to your fill pipe or fill vent clear – Snow, ice, and debris can block the path to your oil or propane tank, making it difficult for our crews to safely deliver your fuel. Try to keep at least an 18-inch wide path to your pipe or vent clear so our team can reach it easy and safely. If you have a propane tank, mark the fill vent with a tall flag so our crews can easily spot it in heavy or drifting snow.
- Clear your driveway – If your home requires our crew to access your driveway to fill your fuel tank, please shovel and de-ice the roadway so they can navigate it safely, keeping in mind that our trucks are wider than your car.
- Keep gates unlocked – If access to your tank requires our crew to enter through a gate, please make sure it is unlocked on delivery day – or make sure someone is home to let our crew in.
- Control your pets – We want to deliver your heating oil or propane, but we want to do it safely for both our drivers and your pets. Please be sure your pets are secured on delivery day.
- Be reachable – Make sure an adult is accessible on delivery day, preferably by cell phone or in person; If something unexpected happens that needs your immediate attention, our delivery team will need to contact you.
Thanks for helping the experts at Bottini Fuel keep our customers safe, warm, and satisfied with reliable, on-time heating oil and propane delivery in the Hudson Valley. Our drivers appreciate your consideration!