Proposed NY carbon tax could cost your family $21,000 over 10 years. Help fight it. Click here
Severe weather prep for your Hudson Valley home
It’s been a hot, sticky summer so far here in New York – and as anyone who has lived in this area for a while can attest, those conditions can give birth to violent storms at a moment’s notice.
That’s why it’s so important to be prepared for severe weather in your Hudson Valley home. Here are some reminders for things to work on before Mother Nature unleashes her summertime fury:
- If you have propane equipment or appliances, know how and where to shut off the main propane supply (at the storage tank). If you’re not sure how to do that, contact us. Teach your family how to turn off the electricity and water, too.
- Make sure everyone in your family knows the rotten egg odor of a propane leak – and what to do if they smell it.
- Test your carbon monoxide (CO) detectors at every level in your home and maintain them according to manufacturer’s instructions. If you own propane appliances, strongly consider installing propane gas detectors.
- Create an emergency preparedness plan that everyone can follow. For tips on making an emergency plan, www.ready.gov/make-a-plan.
- If severe weather is predicted,
- Listen to your local authorities and evacuate if you need to.
- If you have an aboveground propane tank, make sure it is securely anchored.
- If you run propane appliances in the summer, make sure you have enough to propane gas to last at least a week in the event of road closures.
- If you have a propane powered backup generator, check your fuel levels before a major storm approaches.
- If severe weather threatens your safety, shut off your gas.
- After severe weather passes, check the area for downed power lines, damaged gas lines, or damage to your tanks and appliances.
- Inspect your fuel-burning appliances for damage if it is safe to do so. If the appliances have been damaged, contact us for service immediately.
Backup power: The ultimate peace of mind for severe weather
Did you know that power outages happen twice as frequently as they did just a decade ago? Those outages can be inconvenient at best, and disastrous at worst. But there is one piece of equipment that can help you avoid those disasters when the grid goes down: a whole house propane generator.
A backup generator does much more than simply keep the lights on: it can keep your sump pump, security system and fridge doing their critical storm-time jobs.
If you’re interested in finding out about propane backup generator installation in the Hudson Valley, contact us – our technicians are generator installation specialists. We’ll set up your generator quickly and in compliance with all applicable laws so you can start enjoying the peace of mind of having backup power.
Stay one step ahead of severe weather with a propane backup generator – installed, maintained, and fueled by the pros at Bottini Fuel. Contact us today to get a FREE, no obligation estimate on a whole house generator installation – or to schedule a propane delivery for your Hudson Valley home.
Important update about our service during the Coronavirus outbreak. Click here