Troubleshoot your heating system before calling for service
Discovering that your heating equipment is down for the count is never fun – especially when it happens (as it usually does) on a particularly cold day.
The good news is you can always count on Bottini to take care of you during a no heat emergency. But before you call us for service, it’s worth taking a few minutes to do a little detective work with the heating equipment in your Hudson Valley home; you may find that your problem can be fixed without paying for a pro’s visit.
If you have no heat, try these five things before contacting us for service:
- Check the fuel level in your tank – if you are out of propane or heating oil, contact us right away for a delivery and system restart.
- Make sure all switches associated with the unit are set for “on” or “start.”
- Check for tripped breakers and blown fuses on the circuit that powers your heating system.
- Make sure your thermostat is set for five degrees warmer than the current room temperature, and that it is set to the “heat” or “warm” setting. Please note: if you have a forced air system (a heating systems with vents rather than baseboards and radiators) and the fan doesn’t go on, if could mean that your burner isn’t igniting – a problem that requires professional service.
- Press the reset button on the burner – but only do it once. Every time you hit the reset button and the burner doesn’t ignite, you are pumping oil into the combustion chamber of your furnace, which can be dangerous.
If your heating system still isn’t working after taking these steps, contact us for service right away – our expert technicians will get to the root of the problem quickly and get your heat going again as soon as possible.
For reliable, expert heating system service in our Hudson Valley service area, no one beats the pros at Bottini. Contact us today to learn more.