What is propane used for in homes?
Propane is great for home use – as fuels go, it’s about as efficient, safe, and eco-friendly as they come.
But one of the best reasons to consider making the switch to propane – or expanding the use of propane in your Hudson Valley home – is its versatility. Simply put, when it comes to powering your home comfort equipment, propane can do it all.
A home energy jack-of-all-trades…and a master of them, too
Let’s take a closer look at the many ways propane can be used to bring your more joy and comfort inside and outside your NY home:
- Indoor heating – Install a propane furnace or propane boiler and you’ll be sure to stay comfortable all fall and winter long. Unlike an electric heat pump, propane pumps out actual warm air where and when you need it – and it will do it with efficiency ratings reaching into the upper 90s!
- Water heating – Propane water heaters typically recover water twice as quickly as electric models, yet they cost up to 30 percent less to operate. Upgrade to a tankless propane water heater and that energy savings number can jump as high as 50 percent compared to a conventional electric water heater.
- Indoor cooking – Watch any cooking show and you’ll notice that just about every pro chef cooks with gas. There are reasons for that: for one, you get precision temperature control that no electric cooktop can match. For another, your food will cook more evenly, whether on your stovetop or in your oven.
- Outdoor living – From propane torches and lighting to gas grills, fire pits, and more, propane can take your outdoor entertainment up a notch. And with propane pool heaters and patio heaters, you could extend that entertainment season by as much as a month or more.
- Fireplaces, fireplace inserts, and log sets – How many times have you wanted to build a fire in your fireplace, but skipped it because it was too much of a hassle? With a propane fireplace insert or log set, you won’t have that problem; instead, you’ll get an evening of cozy heat and flames at the push of a button. If you don’t have a fireplace yet, but always wanted one, why not indulge – installation only takes a day or so, and it costs less than you think.
- Clothes drying – A propane clothes dryer gets hot quickly and heats clothes evenly, and as a result costs about half what an electric dryer costs to operate. Propane dryers also cause less wear and tear on your clothes.
- Whole house generators – Did you know that power outages are twice as common today than they were just a decade ago? Propane whole house generators are the answer to problem power outages, keeping your home heating or cooling system, sump pump, refrigerator, sump pump, and other vital equipment running until the grid comes back up.
How else can you benefit from propane in your Hudson Valley home? Contact the propane experts at Bottini Fuel today to find out!