Proposed NY carbon tax could cost your family $21,000 over 10 years. Help fight it. Click here
No Ducts? No Problem! Benefits Of A Mini-Split A/C System
With heat expected to be intense in the northeast this summer, having an efficient and effective cooling system will become more important than ever. The question is, are your window air conditioning units up to the task – and what will they cost you in electric bills to get the job done?
If you’re interested in getting the best cooling value in a home that doesn’t have ducts to support a central air conditioner, we highly recommend installing a Mitsubishi-mini-split air conditioner.
Five Advantages Of A Ductless System
Ductless (or mini-split) cooling systems are a cost-effective alternative to loud, ugly, and inefficient window units – and sometimes even to central air conditioners.
Ductless systems are the perfect way to add cooling capabilities to homes that use a boiler-based heating system (one with baseboards or radiators), and a great way to add A/C to hard-to-cool rooms and home additions.
Compared to window air conditioners and other cooling options, ductless systems are:
- Less expensive to run – Ductless systems are more efficient than window units (often by three SEER points or more) and easier to drive than central air units – and with the ability to create “zones” in your home, you can completely control how you “spend” your cold air.
- Easier to configure – Have a “problem room” that you just can’t cool? Create a cooling zone that can meet the demands of each room. You can mount air handlers (the indoor component of a mini-split system) just about anywhere where there’s access to an external wall – even in rooms with no windows.
- A snap to install – Each air handler runs is connected by small pipes to the outdoor condenser unit, so you only need one or two small (3”) holes in your wall to install a system. Installation of your ductless system can often be completed in a single day. You won’t have to drag your window units out of the
- Better for your health – Ductwork is a breeding ground for mold and other microorganism growth, with condensation and cool air combining to create a perfect storm for poor air quality. No ducts mean no mold issues.
- Better for the ozone – Efficient ductless systems use less electricity. They also use a refrigerant called R410A, which is more environmentally friendly than other refrigerants.
Ready to upgrade your window A/Cs? Install a Mitsubishi ductless system! For a FREE, no-obligation estimate on a ductless A/C system installation in the Hudson Valley, contact the pros at Bottini Fuel today!
Important update about our service during the Coronavirus outbreak. Click here